30.06.2011 - Spiceburg Restaurant in Greenside

Karen and I went to Spiceburg in Greenside for dinner. This is the second time I've been and I've LOVED their food both times. They also have such a wide variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes which is fantastic.

The owner / manager came over to help us decipher the menu and find something delicious to eat. He then asked us if he could bring us a surprise starter that he claims gets people to come back for more. We had no idea what it was so when Karen took her first bite and had a strange look on her face I thought it was because it tasted horrible. But, the look on her face was a result of the starter having a very prawn texture / taste. It was AMAZINGLY delicious! It's called Pepper Gobi which is the softest cauliflower battered, deep friend and covered in spices. Highly recommended!


I only remembered to take out my camera after we polished off the starter so Karen told the manager that I have a blog and wanted to photograph the food, so he rushed off and bought me someone else's plate to photograph. He then began asking me names of food critics and all I could do was sit there, smile and shake my head.



Anyway, I may not be a food critic but I can say that the entire meal was divine and I think everyone should go and try Spiceburg's!


We then went nextdoor to Bob Rocks for a drink - bumped into Karen's brother. I thought they looked too adorbable in their jerseys! Very cute Wentzels!

1 comment:

  1. aah little Matt Wentzy...look at the Magnumpi on his lip!

    ReplyDelete