29.07.2011 - 20h00 - Guilty Friday




What I discovered about myself this Friday night: I can be a huge bitch!

I haven't gone out with Karen in ages - she's been in Bali. So, I was really looking forward to a catch-up. We went to a cute little Italian restaurant in Linden. We stuffed our faces with pizza and shared a liter of Sangria. Was a lovely evening. We then decided to go for a drink - we found ourselves at the Jolly Roger.

We went to the bar to get a drink. There was a man ordering drinks - he was wearing a black leather jacket and playing air guitar (??!!). He invited us to join him and his friend at their table. We said maybe. He came back about 10 minutes later when we didn't go and invited us again. Again we said that we're just having a catch-up, maybe later. (I felt bad but really didn't want to join their table - then I felt angry that I felt bad - I didn't ask him to come over!! arrgghh)

We found our own table in another corner. We were having a great chat when a man sat down and said "Hi, my name's Andrew, and I'm from the future". Well, we'd just been discussing how we need to be more open and less judgmental, (and we'd had a couple drinks so were probably in a friendlier mood) so we let him stay. He was very sweet.

At the end of the night, after all his friends had left he wanted us to go with him for another drink in Greenside. We weren't too sure... it's was 2am! Anyway, here's the bitchy party... we said ok but by the time we got to our cars (he was parked on the other end of the road) we decided it wouldn't be a good idea... so we went home.

At the time I didn't feel too bad but by the time I arrived home I was wracked with guilt. Andrew, from the future (if you are from the future you would have seen this coming buddy) I am truly sorry!!!!!

Like Karen says, next time we stay in and play scrabble - easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment